Medialab-Prado is a program part of the Department of Arts, Sports and Tourism of the Madrid City Council. It is conceived as a citizen laboratory for the production, research and dissemination of cultural projects that explore collaborative forms of experimentation and learning that have emerged from digital networks.
Medialab’s Goals are:
- To enable an open platform that invites and allows users to configure, alter and modify research and production processes.
- To sustain an active community of users with the development of these collaborative projects.
- To offer multiple forms of participation that allow people with different profiles (artistic, scientific, technique), levels of specialization (experts and beginners) and degrees of implication, to collaborate.
In order to achieve those goals Medialab-Prado offers:
- A permanent space for information, consulting and encounters, attended by cultural mediators, who explain the nature of the space and connect different people and projects with each other.
- Open Calls for the presentation of proposals and the participation in the development of collaborative projects.
- Activities Program that comprises workshops, seminars and debates, as well as the meetings of different work groups, exhibitions, conferences and other events such as concerts and performances.
- A work atmosphere dedicated to the encounter, cooperation and exchange, where there is room for life and affects; and informality and closeness are appreciated.
collaborative, Collective Intelligence, Science, Science Centres